Monday, February 26, 2007

Family Time


This weekend it was great my dad came over yesterday and we had dinner together last night. Dad and I BBQ a great tri-tip and had a fabulous salad and watched the Oscars together!!!!
Then today we went to a funeral in San Mateo (where my father and Aunt grew up) for my fathers best childhood friend's dad, Joe Schweitzer. He was my papas best friend and he was 90 years old. His son Lawrie my dad best childhood friend is my Godfather. It was so nice to see old family friends and all the Schweitzer kids that I haven't seen in almost 20 years. I know it was probably a more difficult time for my dad and I am just happy Nick and I were there to go with him. It is hard when love ones pass away but they are home with God now and looking down on us! It makes you realize we are only here for a short time and we have to make the best of it and live each day as it were our last.... I love it that my dad can come over and spend time with us! It is nice to have family close by! I only wish my sister and her family were closer but I am so EXCITED because I get to see her in almost a month! It has been too long since I have seen her! I miss her so much!!!!
Anyway...today I am greatful for my family and that we all have each other!
Best.....Kells~

2 comments:

h♥untie said...

i am glad you had a good time with your dad...it is so nice to have family near by....cort and i can really appreciate it now! we miss everyone so much! oh and what dates were you going to be here on? oahu right? let us know:)

{The Christian's} said...

Glad to hear you all had a nice time! Were all the kids there?
You need to check out Terra's blog and look at the invitations she made. You two need to start up a wedding planning business!