Wednesday, March 24, 2010

??????


Well I don't really have a title for this post because I don't really know what to call it?
I am having such a hard time! Baby Kate has been crying off and on since she was about 3 weeks and now today she is 7 weeks and in the last 4 days it has gotten worse! It is just heart breaking! Today I broke down and just cried with her as I did not know what to do? I have tried every possible thing you can do and it works at first and then the next day no way it no longer works! I just cut out dairy yesterday so I still have a few more days to go to see if that works.

Tonight I called the doctor because I just didn't know what else to do and can't imagine that this is normal and that it is ok that my baby just cries when she is awake..and my goal of the day is to try and do everything I know how to do to make her stop crying. I can't imagine going on like this every day for the next week or two or three...she just seems like something is wrong and I want to be able to fix it! :(

So the doctor said for us to bring her in tomorrow and maybe she has reflux ....that they would examine her and try and figure this out! At this point I don't care what it is i just want to know and hopefully we can fix it and make it better for her! :)

Tonight Kate and I said our prayers and in our prayers we prayed for a better tummy or a cure for whatever is bother her!!!

I love her so much and it just hurts me so bad to see her cry and not be happy!!!

I love you Kate!!!

Your Mommy!!!!

3 comments:

the yaney's said...

Hang in there Kelly!! You are doing everything right, she may have a little colic or reflux. At least if its reflux they will give you something to relieve her.

I don't know if this will make you feel any better, but I too had the same problem with Lauren, starting at 3 weeks and it was just "normal" newbornism (is that a word...lol) she grew out of it at about 3 months. She was so bad at fighting her sleep and would get herself so worked up that she wouldn't even nurse and I felt like I couldn't do anything to make her stop. I would cry too! I did find that Mylecon drops helped with getting her to calm down and take her pacifier or nurse. Also, the baby Bjorn really seemed to help too! Sometimes it was the baby Bjorn and vacuuming (the crazy things we mothers have to do...lol) I became a pro at getting her out of the bjorn and not waking her up! :)

Again, hang in there...hope you get some relief soon!!! :)


Hopefully you will find your cure soon!!!

the yaney's said...

P.S. the "normal" was the doctor's words.

its doesn't seem "normal" to us does it?

Keep us posted as to what they find out.

The Scrivens said...

Oh Kelly we are thinking of you!!!! We had such a rough go of it with Emma so I FEEL your pain. She started crying around 7 weeks and I won't tell you when she stopped . . .but it took prescription formula, meds, and lots of time for her tummy to mature. You are doing such a great job taking her please don't forget to take care of yourself. I'm here anytime if you ever need to chat. Hugs from Texas!!!!!!!!!