Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Where has the time gone?

Not sure if anyone is still out there or if anyone still reads my blog ? I have been such a bad blogger but I haven't had too much to write about.

Here is a little re-cap of what has been going on over the last couple weeks or so....

About 2 weeks ago my dad had open heart surgery. Yes...this all came as a huge shock to all of us as he went in for ankle surgery and then a few days later was in the emergency with chest pains and shortness of breath...after many test and every day something new was developing we found out that dad's lower Mitro Valve in his heart was torn and needed to be repaired. So he was transferred to Mercy Hospital in Sacramento where he would wait to have his surgery! Karyn and Addison flew out too, to be with all of us so it was so great to have her and Addison here and Papa (dad) loved seeing them too! We missed the rest of her family but Anson stayed with the girls so Ashley could stay in school! Dad's heart surgery went amazingly well! They had to do a little more than they thought but he had an amazing Doctor and made it through with flying colors!

Dad is now staying with Nick and I. He is resting, excercising and going on Sonoma town tours in his wheelchair with Nick every morning. Yes, you heard it correctly ....Nick walks with Dad in the mornings and then I found out he puts him in the wheelchair and they go for about a 3 mile ride around Sonoma! Dad is just loving it! We are loving him being here too! I still can't believe that tomorrow will be 2 weeks since his surgery and he is doing so great.

We also bought a new car about a week ago! We bought a Nissan Murano and I am just loving it!!! It is so fun to drive and isn't too big. It is just the perfect size! I love it! I highly recommend one if you are in the market for a "crossover" as that is what they are called now! :) :)

Other than that...nothing else is really new. Nick and I are doing really good! Nick's job is going fabulous and he loves being in the city...(not the commute so much) but loves the energy of San Francisco and the restaurant! Jason Preistly had dinner there a few weeks ago! I was a die hard 90210 fan so anytime I hear of a cast member from 90210 I get so excited!!!

My job is going good! Wedding season is right around the corner! It is hard to believe we have been in Sonoma for 3 years!!! Where does the time go? We have truly grown to love the wine country and all that it has to offer! We are especially loving this amazing spring weather, the green hills and the mustard through out all the vineyards! It is such a beautiful place!!!

Well...that is all! Hopefully one of these days we will do something with pictures and i will have something to post with pictures! :) :)

I hope you all are doing great and if you are still out there leave me a comment so I know someone still reads my blog!
What have you been up to?

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Hi Kelly, Just wanted you to know that I check on your blog all the time. Even though we may have Facebook, I still enjoy the blogs. So glad to hear things are going well with your Dad. I was keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers and still will thru his recovery. Take care and have a wonderful April. Let me know if you make it down to AZ!

Natalie said...

Kelly, I am glad to hear that all is going well. I saw your posts on Facebook about your dad, but I wasn't sure what had happened and didn't want to ask...so now that I know I am thrilled for you and your fam that your dad is doing well! Love the posts! Happy Spring!

the yaney's said...

Hey Kelly,
I was great seeing you a few weeks ago...so glad that your dad is doing well. Congrats on the new car(I have always really liked those) and I would love to take you up on your offer regarding wedding help!

funfavorites said...

I'm so glad that your dad is recovering well and that you're back to blogging. I'm still reading:) Hope to see you soon.

Viktoria said...

Yay a new post!!! So happy the surgery went well and your Dad's recovery is going great! Can't wait til the day Eric and I can visit Nick at his restaurant-we want to visit you sometime this year. Love you and miss you! Always look forward to your updates!

Bush Talk said...

Hi there pretty girl! LOVE your blog! And by the way...I had a bike and a basket just like the one you talked about in your earlier blog as well :-)

Your Dad will be in my prayers and I'll send good things in thoughts your way. Thanks for posting my blog to yours..it meant so much!
xoxo
Kris

Erin said...

I'm so glad your dad's doing okay, and that it was caught in time.
Congratulations on your new car. My friend has one of those and I love it.