Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Flower Arranging.....and Carnations...Hmmmmmm

Ok...So I got this Wild Hair the Other day to Experiment with Flowers and arranging them.
So I went to the grocery, yes grocery store and bought flowers in my
Favorite Colors...Orange and Pink
And Low and Behold I found these beautiful carnations.
I never thought I would use beautiful and carnation in the same sentence but I have found beauty in the carnations and I think they can be made beautiful depending on how you use them. I love the arrangements I made and next time I would probably leave the roses out and pick a brighter orange color for the middle but I am experimenting!!
I made the vases too! Let me know what you think and leave me a comment!
Tell me if you like carnations......Until this arrangement I turned my nose up at them...but A pretty little flower deserves a chance to be a beauty!

Looking Down on the Flower Arrangement. I love a tight packed arrangement!!
Trying to show off the whole arrangement and my ribbon work.
I love this arrangement! Simple but fabulous...Clean but not over done
I love looking down on the arrangement!!!
You can't see it in the photos but the orange carnations on the outside have hot pink veins that run through them! They are really pretty!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are soooooo crafty. They look great. I love the color combo. -Liz

{The Christian's} said...

those look really good. I like the colors too!

the yaney's said...

Great Job! I also love a tightly packed arrangement. I like the roses...you know what else would look good with the carnations??? Peonies! You are one crafty girl! I love how the orange and pink pop off of each other.

Viktoria said...

beautiful! You are so talented, perhaps your next career will involve this!
are you experimenting for what you want at your wedding?
anyways, you are amazing and the flowers look beautiful. i didn't like carnations either...but they really do look good here!
see you at thanksgiving!

Andrea said...

Very pretty...love those colors together!

{The Christian's} said...

time for an update!