Saturday, August 1, 2009

.


So a little about this "baby find" ...When I was living in NYC and would walk to all my destinations I noticed these strollers everywhere! I just loved walking through Central Park and seeing all the moms' with their bugaboos! I always said I want to have one when I have a baby! I thought they were so cute, very practical and well I just loved the name! BUGABOO! I know it is all about marketing but how cute is that name? I also remember having lunch one day with my mom on Burlingame Avenue on a visit to California for my cousins wedding and a red Bugaboo rolled by! I told my mom..."when I have a baby I have to have this stroller!" Well in almost 5 years my thoughts still have not changed! The only thing is what color do I want? I love them all! I really like the lime green but think I would get sick of it but who knows! I know it is a splurge but the baby has to have a cute, safe stroller! So my baby find this week is a Bugaboo!!!
www.bugaboostrollers.com

If you have one let me know your thoughts on the stroller! I just love it! :)

5 comments:

{The Christian's} said...

A few thoughts on this....

1. The price, you will have to buy a lot of baby gear since this is your first so I would take that into consideration first.

2. It took me 3 babies to realize the importance to a carseat/stroller combo! It was so nice being able to pop the carseat onto the stroller rather than wake a sleeping baby to put them into the stroller.

3. You MUST go to a store and see it in person...how easy is it to fold up, how big is it once it is folded up, will it fit in the back of your car w/out taking up a bunch of room, etc.

4. Do your research. I have never had one of those strollers, I just can't bring myself to pay that much money when they will grow out of it in a year or two...once they start walking they don't like to be held down in a stroller. I would look at the size/weight requirements, how long will this stroller last, does it have cup holders (you think that isn't a big deal until you need one), does it have a basket/net underneath to store stuff, etc.?

There are a ton of brands out there. We have had quiet a few. The newest one we have now is a Chicco and I LOVE it! I love the handles, it is lightweight, and it folds up easily w/out taking up a ton of room in the car!!

If you want me to send you some links let me know.

Also, there is a stroller out by the name of "Quinny" I am partial to that one. :)

the yaney's said...

It's all personal preference, but I am a HUGE fan of the Maclaren Strollers. I have two a single and a double. They are light weight, fold with one hand and will turn on a dime. The Maclaren XLR will hold a infant seat. I got my first one with Lauren and I am still using it. It all comes apart and is washable (that is key) Definitely go to the store and test out all the brands....you will find something you like! :)

P.S. I love your new layout!!!

Andrea said...

Hi Kelly, our first stroller was the carseat/stroller combo. Which was great with a small baby. When Trevor was six months we purchased the BOB. The best purchase ever. If I would have known about the BOB in the beginning, it would have been my only stroller. Good luck making your decision. All the Mom's I speak with that have the BOB love it! It is expensive, but well worth it. Check it out on line. My friend is due next week. And after pushing Trevor in his BOB. She and her husband bought one. The same color as us too! Matt's cousin is due in September and they bought one.

Viktoria said...

talk to Tina about the Bugaboo...she had one for Youngie and loved it!
Good Luck!

the yaney's said...

I have heard great things about the BOB stoller. All the mommy's in my stroller fitness class have them and they all love them.

I wouldn't mind having one myself :)