Sunday, August 23, 2009

Hello! Any body there?

Sorry it has taken so long for me to post again! I just never have the time! A lot has been going on! Nick and I have both been busy with work because it is our busy season but I did find time to get away last week to spend a few days in Yuba City with my Mom and Dad! It was so nice to go home for a visit! I hadn't been home since before I found out I was pregnant so it was a much needed trip home! Mom and I went baby shopping one day at Goore's and found some great little treasures for the baby! We even picked out the bedding and furniture! There are just so many gadgets I just don't know how all you mom's do it! What I have come to realize is that there is a gadget for everything! It is almost absurd! I think the kicker was the sleep sack that helps prevent SIDS. That almost put me over the edge when I saw that! Truly I don't know how my sister and I ever survived and made it to adulthood without all these gadgets that help prevent all these horrible things! I will tell you something I won't be a sucker for it! :) I can still be a good mom and not have to "BUY" into these claims. You know my mom told me that when she came home from the hospital with me she carried me home in the car, yes that is right you heard me correctly she carried me home on her lap in the car...and I am ALIVE to talk about it! Can you believe it? If that happened now days they would have thrown the book at her and she most likely would have been classified as a horrible mother! Whatever! My mother was the best and she never did anything to endanger our lives it is just that there is a rule or reason for everything and I am sure these rules are good and they are there to keep all of us safe but sometimes it just gets so ridiculous and we have become this over paranoid society! I know I am being pretty vocal and expressing my opinions but it is my blog and it was pretty funny going baby shopping....Oh yes..and the baby wipe warmer! That was another one that had me cracking up! Heaven forbid the baby has a room temperature wipe better keep the bum nice and warm! :) Ok...enough babbling...I did have fun and registered for some fun things!

Nick and I both are getting so excited for Cutie's arrival! I have also been known to call Cutie Baby Dolata lately! :) I love the fact that we are NOT going to find out what we are having! Oh..I don't think I have announced that yet on our blog! Yep that is right Nick and I are not going to find out! After finally convincing Nick that we had to find out because I needed to plan, I woke up one morning and woke Nick up and said "Sweets...I don't want to know what we are having" He said "Seriously?" I said "yes, you are right there aren't really any true surprises in life and you know how I love surprises and well I can still plan for the baby without knowing" So since we made that decision it is more and more exciting to me! I even told my mom who I thought would be upset that we weren't finding out and she was actually really excited to and really like the thought of that! :) So all is good! Baby is doing great! We go in a week for our next check up! I am 4months and 1 week and I am starting to show! I know I should post some photos however I still feel like I just look fat not pregnant. So maybe at 5 months I will take a photo and post it! :)
So other than a quick trip home to see friends and family that is about all that is going on with us! We still have not heard on the house we made an offer on! It has almost been 6 weeks and I am quite confused as to why they call them a "SHORT SALE" and not a "LONG SALE" but Nick and I are patient! We have looked at a lot of other homes but still love the first one we saw! We are still holding out too that maybe a cute house in our price range will come on the market in Sonoma but so far no such luck! :(

Well here is a Baby Find that actually my mom found and I really like this for a baby bag! I even think it isn't too feminine that Nick could use it too! :) I have some more finds but I will post them later! Also...if you don't know my sister re-launced www.thelilpeanutpatch.com It is better than ever and I find myself reading it every day now that I am going to be a mom! I just hope I win one of her giveaways here soon!!! :) and maybe one day Cutie will be the Lil Peanut of the Week!!! So please if you haven't checked out her blog then head on over! She does such a great job with it!!!



2 comments:

Erin said...

ok...let me tell you about the baby wipe warmer. when you put a room temp wipe (which is 20 degrees cooler than body temp) on a baby boy, it shocks them and then there's pee everywhere. FYI ;)

Andrea said...

Hi Kelly, I did not have a baby wipe warmer. I always heard they dry out your wipes, and I did not need that. Trevor has done just fine with room temp wipes. He is 16 months and I have maybe had him pee on my five times, if that. I buy our wipes at Costco. 704 wipes. Eight-88 ct. packages. Good luck with everything.