Saturday, November 6, 2010

Another Recipe to Try!

Ok...so I have been blog searching, hopping, reading etc...today! Thank goodness I am not at home as my husband would probably go nuts! I use to read blogs ALL the time....and I haven't in so long and well I have had a hay day today seeing all the fun neat things out there! I have an idea I am working on and the blogosphere is great for getting ideas etc....anyway....stay tuned more to come on that...but as I was searching I came across two more recipes that I am going to have to try and thought I would share them with you all! :) As soon as I get home I am going to try these out! :) I can't wait!



CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP

1 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup bell peppers, red & yellow, chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
1 cup butter
1 cup flour, all-purpose
4 cups chicken broth
1 1/4 cups cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 cup half & half cream
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Optional toppings: peppers, sprig of basil

Saute the onion, peppers and celery in the butter until soft. Then stir in the flour until well blended. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Add the cheese and the wine, stirring until thoroughly blended. Cook over low heat until the cheese has melted and the soup has thickened. Add the cream and stir. Heat until very hot, but do not boil again. Yields: 8 to 10 servings

BUTTERMILK CORNBREAD STICKS

1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups buttermilk
2 cups white corn meal, self-rising
1 egg, beaten
3 tablespoons melted bacon fat or butter
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar

Dissolve the baking soda in the buttermilk. Add the corn meal, egg, butter, salt and sugar. Beat well. The secret to good corn bread is beating it well. Pour the mixture into a corn stick pan, sprayed with cooking spray and bake at 400 for about 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Yummy served warm!

Found the recipe HERE

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I am so glad that you have been blogging to much lately!!!! I can't wait to try this recipe, it sounds yummy! Your sister always sends me recipes! Can't wait to see what you have in store!