Sunday, November 28, 2010

Life

Life is full of so many adventures, choices, happy times, sad times, challenging times and learning experiences and I feel so much of this year has been just that! I feel that I have learned so much about life, balance and taken the good with the bad.

I keep saying I can't wait till 2011 and that I just want this year to be over with. However what I didn't stop to realize or think about is all that I am thankful for and all the good things that 201o has brought to us. I have a beautiful little girl, a wonderful husband who loves me unconditionally, a wonderful family and a successful business. These are all things to celebrate and be thankful for.

This year has had it share of heartache, sadness and challenges both personally and professionally but what I am learning is to trust in myself, my beliefs and trust in our lord. He has a plan for me, my family and our lives he will not guide me in the wrong direction and the obstacles, challenges and heartache and sadness I have experienced are all part of his plan. Sometimes I wonder why all this has to happen? But I have to trust GOD and believe that he truly has a plan for me!

I have been faced with some very challenging situations and I truly am putting it in GOD'S HANDS. I have to believe he will lead me to make the right decisions and he will be my strength through it all.

One of the things I am most proud of and excited about this year (other than Kate's birth) is that I have chosen to become Catholic. I am in the process of taking my classes to convert to Catholicism and I have learned so much about God and Jesus and the bible in the last 7 weeks, more than I have known in my entire life. I know that is sad to admit at 34 years old that I didn't really know a lot other than the 'BASICS" but I have fully engaged myself in this process and I am learning so much. I feel that GOD is guiding me as I need this in my life and I truly feel better late than never! Today I did my Rite's of Acceptance and stood before the entire congregation as they accepted me into the program! It was such a wonderful feeling I can't even put it into words! I am so excited for the next 6 months and as I grow in my faith and grow in my relationship with Jesus Christ! This truly is something so exciting for me and it is something wonderful that is happening in 2010! I started my journey toward accepting the Lord and Savior into my life!

So when things seem like you just want them to end....there are always new and exciting beginnings! So for this I am celebrating this year and excited for all that is to come next year!!!

XOXO

Happy First Day of Advent! This Truly is The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

1 comment:

Rachel K. Lincoln said...

So happy to read your blog ;) I really believe that we cannot enjoy the blessings He has for us unless we experience the trials of life. Some are harder than others, yes, but He is with us always! So glad to read of your strength in Him and yearning for a relationship.
May God bless you and your family!!