Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Home Sick

Well...Today is my day off and I am home sick! I really hate getting colds but I guess this is the only way I allow my body a day of rest. I am always on the go and never just stop. So I guess I have to get this head cold for me to actually take a day to myself and think about me and my well being.
It is really hard to think about myself when you see all these people on TV that are losing everything they have. These fires in SoCal are just awful. How sad. Such a tragedy.
I can some what sympathize with them because in 1997 we were evacuated due to rising waters in the Feather & Yuba Rivers and thought Yuba City was going to flood. Sutter, California a population of less than 10,000 at the time increased to over 100,000 people in just a couple of hours. It was scary not knowing what was going on. I remember sitting in Christie Bailey's house listening to the radio & tv trying to find out what was going on. My mom was really nervous because we had moved out of the house I grew up in and all of our belongings were in storage right next to the levee. My mom's new house wasn't finished being built and I remember her calling to see if they had moved our belongings and they had not. So not only did we not have our house but our belongings were at the mercy of a moving company that wasn't going to move them. Fortunately Yuba City did not flood but in Olivehurst the levee broke and those families were struck by disaster. My friend Nikki was in Portugal on vacation and came back to no home. It was there but destroyed by the flood waters. The one good thing I have to say about natural disasters is that it is so great to see strangers, friends and families come together to support one another and help one another. We are lucky to live in a country where people are compassionate and come together in the time of need. Today I pray for everyone that is affected by these fires and pray that they find a sense of strength in this most difficult time. They will need to depend on God's Love to help through this difficult time because when everything in your life is gone God is still there for you and it is his love and strength that will be your strength. Believe in him.
I also pray for all the firefighters, National Guard and Volunteers that are helping put out these fires!
Loves to all... at this time!
XO
Kell~

No comments: