Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Joy*Hopeful*Journey*Love

What 2009 may have in store for me...

Embrace who I am.
Be grateful for who I am.
Embrace ME
Be grateful for ME

To find the Joy in Life

And to enjoy this journey.....
What Journey Might you Ask?
For most of my life and childhood weight has been a huge issue for ME!
I wasn't blessed with a fabulous metabolism and the ability to eat whatever I want.
Over the years I have tried every diet known to man except for maybe Jenny Craig and I have had some successes and had some defeats! Weight has been a HUGE struggle in my life and often something I joke about because it is hard and it is something I have never really won the battle against. I feel so fortunate that today I turned on the TV...BAGLE in hand with cream cheese (not lite) and watched my recorded Oprah! It was about her weight issues and her struggles...I couldn't relate more! Since the wedding I have gained back all my weight that I worked so hard (at least in my mind) for 2 years to lose (mind you I went off and on diets in those 2 years) but did manage to lose 27lbs and they are pretty much all back on! I am not happy with how I feel right now and how I look. I know I am not 400lbs but if I don't change my habits and my lifestyle I very well could be and I want to have a baby so that ads on weight!
So this year...I am going to give it my best. Today I am going to commit to this. I know there are going to be struggles, I know I will have good days and bad days but I have to do this for me. I wanted to blog about it so I am held accountable. I have tried so many different things and maybe to have encouragement, support, accountability etc...it will make this journey easier.
You may think it is weird that I blog about my weight and maybe even embarrassing but I want to make myself a priority and I want to hold myself accountable!
So...tonight I will have Nick take my photo and attach it to this post and I will try to blog as much as possible about what this journey is doing for me! 
I am going to take time for me too and put myself first because I never take time for ME. I am always doing things for work and everyone else! I am putting myself on my PRIORITY LIST and I am going to plan! Wish me luck! I am a fabulous planner for my brides and friends but I don't plan for me or for Nick and I.  
So I am stepping out of my comfort zone and I am going to do this!!!
Like anything in life change is hard. We all want it and say we can do it but truly I talk about it a lot and don't truly change or I start to and give up! There is a lot I think I am going to learn about myself too along this journey. I am really excited! I tend to be very successful in my professional career but sometimes my personal life suffers.
So here we go....I am jumping in, I have finished that bagel and I am committed to making a difference in my life and ME this year!!

Here we go.........

4 comments:

the yaney's said...

You can do it! I think the get fit blog will help all of us and be a great support system.

WEDDEX said...

Hi Kelly - I just jumped over to read your blog after you commented on my facebook page and I identify so much with you. I sat watching OPRAH's piece with tears in my eyes and know that we are all in this together. I will follow along on your journey and mine started yesterday. The time is now and I wish you much success along the way!!!!

p.s. Do you know Karen Ching at Fairmont?

{The Christian's} said...

You can do it Kell!! Don't think so much about the weight but being healthy...that is what I am focusing on and I know that with a healthy diet and a healthy lifestyle the weight will start to come off!!

Here is to a healthy 2009!!

Burg Family said...

I'm so proud of you - and of course you have my full support! A healthy lifestyle is a fantastic way to live. Go Kelly!