Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Vintage......Does that mean I am Vintage...Hmmmm



Ok...So Ann has turned me on to Vintage WallPaper and I think I have a new obsession! The new boarder on my blog is a vintage wallpaper that I found online and I love it! If I owned my house I would wallpaper my guest bath in this and get a funky antique chandelier for the light and hang it in there!

Anyway...on my journey over the Internet looking at vintage wallpaper I came across the Holly Hobbie Wallpaper I had as a kid in my room. Mind you mine was not in this color scheme it was in shades of peach and yellow because in the late 70's early eighties Peach was the hottest thing since sliced bread! So this wallpaper I despised pretty much from 5th grade on and I even peeled it off my walls or attempted to so I didn't have to look at it any more...I even went as far as plastering pictures of Corey Haim, Ricky Schroeder and Sean Astin all over the walls as well as the ESPRIT Magazine pictures( you have to remember these magazines they were so cool) just so I didn't have to look at it......Vintage it is now and so does that make me Vintage? Could I be like a Vintage Bottle of Wine and just get better with Age? I can see the label now:

KELLY IRENE MCLESKEY
VINTAGE 1976 BICENTENNIAL MIGHT I ADD....
Anyway....It got me thinking....Could I truly be labeled as "VINTAGE"?

Hmm....Let me know your thoughts!

Have a great night......

Loves,

~Vintage Kelly 1976~

1 comment:

{The Christian's} said...

So funny.....you know what is funnier? The other day Ashley said there was a show she wanted to watch and I said what is it and she said Holly Hobby. I said okay. Then I saw here....she is nothing like the old Holly Hobby w/ a bonnet. She has been updated. I like the old version better!
And I remember that wallpaper, I told Ashley you had that...she said really!