Monday, December 10, 2007

It's The Most Wonderful Time of The Year....


Good Evening...
I was sitting here at home and wanted to post something but didn't really know what to post...
Well Actually Yes, I had some ideas so instead of a bunch of different post I thought I would combine them all into one post as they are all related.
I truly love the Holidays and for so many different reasons!
I love the decorations and the sparkling lights.
I love to hear the Christmas carols on the radio!
I love to see children get into the holiday spirit.
This time of year also makes me reflect on the last year and what I have done, where I am going and what I am going to do in the year to come.
It also reminds me that Christmas is about the birth of Jesus and without him we would not have this fabulous holiday. It is also a time to give! We have so much to be thankful for in life and there are so many less fortunate people out there and the littlest things bring the most cheer to their beautiful faces and hearts. One of the things we do at work is give to the elderly in the Senior Homes.....This year I wanted something to jump out at me on our list! I was in search of something and low and behold there was a lady on the list named GLADYS! My grandmother was Gladyce and I knew in that moment that was the lady for me! So I have adopted her and I get to holiday shop for her! She would like a sweater and Rock and Roll CD's . She sounds as spunky as my grandma! I can't wait to meet Gladys and I hope I bring a little holiday cheer to her beautiful face!! The other thing we are doing this year is adopting a family. I can't wait to shop for the family we are adopting. I picked the kids to buy for because I don't have children and I want to bring some holiday cheer to children that are less fortunate and may not wake up to a Christmas tree with presents!!!
One of the traditions I hope to bring to our family is every year I want to adopt a family! I want our children to learn the gift of giving and that it isn't about the materialistic aspects of the Holiday Season but it is about giving to those in need! Some children just want a coat to keep them warm!!! I hope that every year we can bring a little bit of hope to someone!!!
So this holiday season....I challenge anyone who is reading to reach out and bring some holiday cheer to those who may not have anyone or anything.....
This is the most wonderful time of the year.....

2 comments:

{The Christian's} said...

Will you get to meet Gladys? That will be fun! I think adopting a family is neat too!
While your out...pick up a pair of P.J.'s for the pajama program! :) you can read more about it on my blog! :)

amy said...

Kell, That is so sweet!
I need to make time for stuff like that! Reilly is going to dance at 2 of the elderly homes! Not good enough, I know!
Well, I hope to see you before Christmas! And Thanks for the reminder on what Christmas is really about! I think people get all wrapped up in the whole thing and forget what they are really celebrating!
loves....