Monday, July 13, 2009

To Know or Not to Know...That is the Question


Ok....so I am having a really hard time. I for the most part of my life have always thought that when I was pregnant I would find out what I was having! Well....Nick has thrown a little wrench into this equation and being married and in a relationship with someone you have to compromise and give and take. Nick is really set on being surprised the day the baby is born and I am really set on knowing so I can plan accordingly. I do agree that there really aren't too many surprises in life and this is one of those times where we could be really surprised! As much as I love surprises I love surprises for other people! :) :)
I am trying to convince myself that waiting is ok but then there is a part of me that doesn't want a green/yellow nursery and everything in green or yellow? What to do oh what to do?
I thought I would blog about it since I have pretty much decided that this blog is going to be the journal of what Nick and I are going through, through the pregnancy and awaiting the arrival of cutie!
Next week we go for our 3 month check up so that should be really fun and exciting to see how much cutie has grown!
Well I am sure we will decide one way or another and maybe I can convince Nick to want to find out and maybe he can convince me to just wait and be surprise! Either way we are so excited for Cutie and it will be surprise to know what he or she is!!! We love this little baby so much already!!!
Have a great day and if you have comments let us know!
XO
K, N & QT~

6 comments:

{The Christian's} said...

Personally, I LOVE finding out! I think having it be a surprise is fun but it is sooo much easier when you can be prepared! You will be so busy and tired with a newborn you won't want to worry about shopping for bedding, clothing, accessories, etc. You won't have to have a "yellow" baby either....everything yellow or neutral.
Also, I feel like you can develop your relationship sooner b/c you know what you are having and can start referring to your baby as a him/her rather than it.

That is just my two cents! I haven't regretted one bit finding out the sex of our 3!!

Margo McLeskey said...

I agree...especially about the after baby comes shopping! I too think referring to "it' as him or her is better....
Love, Nana :>)

Kathi said...

I have to disagree. We did NOT find out with either child and it was the BEST decision!!! After all the pain that comes with labor (even with an eppideral), the surprise at the end of it is so worth it. We got everything in denim and white, not yellow and if it was a girl, we could have splashed pink with blankets, outfits, etc... as we did when Molls came. I find that I am not as excited/thrilled when I know what a baby is and its born. Does that make sense? When I dont know what the sex is, and I find out so and so had a baby, first question is, What is it? When you already know the sex, and the baby comes 4 months later, great. But, not that exciting. Anyway... good luck with the decision. We were the other way - David wanted to know, I didnt. So glad I won out. :)

the yaney's said...

I'm with your Mom and Karyn. It's so exciting the day you get your ultrasound to find out what you are having...its a surprise then!!! I give it up to all those who are patient enough to wait, that's pretty impressive! I have never regretted finding out the 2x's I've been pregnant and I agree with Karyn that you feel bonded with the baby b/c you can say he/she and call him/her by their name.

Its such a personal choice and whatever you choose its going to be a special moment whether you find out now or later.

jenjt said...

You already call the baby Cutie...so I think you've bonded! I felt bonded to my babies throughout my entire pregnancy, even though I didn't know the sex. It really doesn't matter if you find out or not, it's just exciting to have a BABY (boy or girl, you'll be thrilled)! I loved having the surprise the day of the arrival, but I have to admit it's a pain in the neck to shop for a baby shower when you don't know the sex. BUT you will receive a ton of PINK or BLUE after the baby arrives too.
I know many people that are ready to SPOIL this little love bug!!

Viktoria said...

hi sweetie! so excited to have come to your blog...haven't been in a while and found out that you are writing so much! i definitely want to be included when you go private.
i would want to find out about if it's a boy or girl, but if you can hold out, good for you! it will be a great surprise!
love you & so happy for you!